Mt. Kenya National Park is located to the east of the Great Rift Valley, about 175km North-East of Nairobi.
The ecosystem lies in the Central and Eastern provinces of Kenya. At 5,199m the mountain is the second highest peak in Africa. Mt. Kenya is an important water tower in the country. It provides water for about 50% of the country’s population and produces 70% of Kenya’s hydroelectric power.
Spend time relaxing at the Mount Kenya resort hotel which offers recreational activities including horseback riding, golf, croquet, a bowling green, table tennis, swimming, an animal orphanage, and much more. To be able to relax and appreciate the superb setting, the personal attention lavished on all our visitors, the numerous activities and superb cuisine, one night is just not enough.
Day 1: Nairobi – Naro Moru
Leave Nairobi in the morning for Naro-Moru arriving in time for lunch. The afternoon is spent in this area for acclimatization with dinner and overnight in a hotel.
Day 2: Naro Moru - Met Station
After breakfast, proceed to the main gate. Start ascending the mountain through the rain forest to the Met Station for dinner and overnight at camp.
Day 3: Met Station - Mackinders Camp.
After breakfast, continue to ascend via Teleki Valley for picnic lunch en route to Mackinders Camp for dinner and overnight at camp.
Day 4: Mackinders Camp - Austrian Camp.
Depart after breakfast commence ascending along a steep screw to Austrian Hut (4700m). Covering this distance takes about 3 hrs. Dinner and overnight at camp.
Day 5: Austrian Camp - Point Lenana-Chogoria.
Departing at 5:30 am, proceed through Lewis Glacier to Point Lenana (4985m) arriving approx. 6:30 am in the morning. After the sunrise, descend down to Mintos Hut for full breakfast. Later descend along the famous Gorges Valley to Chogoria campsite. Dinner and overnight at camp
Day 6: Chogoria- Nairobi
After breakfast, set on the morning journey to Chogoria arriving in time for lunch. Proceed to Nairobi arriving late afternoon.
- Park entrance fees at the National Reserves and National Park.
- Accommodation while on Safari on Full board basis (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Experienced English speaking driver guides.
- Meals per the itinerary.
- 01 Litre of bottled water per day while on safari.
- Airport transfers in Nairobi.
- All road transportation and Game drives using a custom made safari Landcruiser, complete with pop-up roof for enhanced game viewing and photography.
- Services of a professional English driver-guide throughout the safari
- All other flights.
- Additional sightseeing or deviation from the itinerary.
- All items of a personal nature such as tobacco; laundry; phone calls, etc.
- Tips and drinks/beverages.
- Any Other Items not mentioned above.
- Medical/Travel Insurance